Our independent retail pharmacy is seeking responible, organized, and detail oriented individual to join our team! The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
We are looking to fill this position ASAP!
*Part-Time up to (30hrs) per week, and will posibly transition into a full-time position*
*Salary TBD upon interview, and will based on previous experience.*
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is required
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills with special emphasis on effective telephone correspondence with a customer-first attitude.
- Candidate must have a High school diploma, or GED Equavileant
- Pharmacy Technician Certification is preferred, but not required.
- Prior pharmacy experience is required.
- Must be able to deal with customers and work under pressure.
- Computer literate, proficient typist: Experienced with Microsoft Excel (ability to create spreadsheets) and Microsoft Word (creating and editing documents)
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Registers customer purchases on assigned cash register, collects cash and distributes change as requested.
- Monitor inventory levels and perform shelf maintenance to insure adequate service levels.
- Run any errands deemed necessary per the supervisor such as local deliveries to patients, hospitals, or phyiscian offices.
- Assist the pharmacist with maintaining the ongoing medication inventory and place medication orders when instructed.
- Follows proper pharmacy and general safety and security procedures and processes
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services.
- Resolves customer issues and answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Contacts insurance providers to obtain plan information for customers.
- Maintains confidentiality and ensure HIPAA compliance by protecting the privacy and security of protected health information (PHI)
- Recommends items for sale to customer, and assists with OTC products, medical supplies, and has knowledge of what the pharmacy stocks.
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the Pharmacy.
- Performs computer entry of prescription information including but not limited to: patient search, prescriber search, drug selection, prescription interpretation & entry, insurance billing and basic problem resolution.
- Routinely calls doctor’s offices or hospitals to clarify prescription information
Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, lift up to 25 pounds, and perform manual dexterity activities required to type a keyboard and pull medications off the shelf