Join First Student as Lead Fleet Technician!
At First Student, our technicians and shop managers are an integral part of the communities they serve. They are committed to safety, customer service and have experience in heavy equipment repair. We are currently looking for a Lead Diesel Technician at our Smithfield, PA location.
Why pick First Student? Glad You Asked!
We care as much about you as our students’ safety. That’s why we are Proud & Excited to offer the following:
- Top Wages & Consistent Pay – Hourly rate opposed to flat rate + ASE bonus money!
- ASE certification training and bonuses!
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Full benefits packages
- Company uniforms provided
- Training which is on the cutting edge of transportation with technology
LEAD DIESEL TECHNICIAN JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Repairs and maintains school buses and school bus equipment.
- Schedules and administers fleet maintenance, assists in troubleshooting problems with equipment.
- Supervises maintenance operations. Plans and distributes the work. Delegates responsibilities as appropriate and monitors performance.
- Ensures compliance on a day-to-day basis with State, Federal and Company requirements.
- Works closely with location manager providing status of maintenance and budget requirements.
- Identifies and recommends actions to improve operating efficiency.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
LEAD DIESEL TECHNICIAN JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a valid driver’s license; Be willing to obtain a CDL license
- State inspection license preferred
- Subject to a background check and drug screen
- Previous diesel maintenance experience required; school bus maintenance experience helpful
- Team lead/supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Willing to obtain ASE Certifications while employed - company training & bonuses provided!
Now is the time to enhance your career…not just pursue another job. You do not want to miss out on this tremendous opportunity!
Apply online today to become a part of our team!
Equal Opportunity Employer